ВНИМАНИЕ!!!!

Автор Тема: Can I take the signal from the rear camera for the rear view camera?  (Прочитано 2239 раз)

Оффлайн bollerwagen

• Вес голоса: 1
  • bollerwagen не имеет никакого влияния.
My Audi Sat Nav (RNS-E) can deal with a rear view camera and show the picture on the screen if reverse gear is in. Can I switch the signal of the rear dash cam to connect it to the sat nav AND the blackvue? Any ideas?

Реклама на сайте."Баннер 728x90"

DashCamDave

• Гость
Re: Can I take the signal from the rear camera for the rear view camera?
« Ответ #1 : 09 Января 2014, 21:58:53 »
Hi bollerwagen,

It wouldn't be practical to essentially disable your reversing camera, in order to view your rear dashcam feed - don't know about Audi, but in my Merc and Lexus reversing cam functionality is rather more substantial than just video feed.

If you really want to view the live feed, you need to hook RCA lead from rear cam to your head unit (auxiliary video). The quality won't be nowhere near the recorded one, as RCA is an analogue signal, so just basic TV resolution. Not sure about 550, but on 400-II it's a simple enough job - I use it to position the cams (got two in RX450). That way you can view the feed from dashcam at all times, except when the reverse gear is engaged, and your reverse camera will kick in automatically, as normal.

Оффлайн bollerwagen

• Вес голоса: 1
  • bollerwagen не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #2 : 22 Января 2014, 21:47:19 »
I´m not sure if I got you right. My car so far had no rear cam, the satnav would just be able to handle one with an analog signal.
My idea was to take the signal from the 550 rear cam and put it into the satnav.

DashCamDave

• Гость
« Ответ #3 : 23 Января 2014, 17:00:48 »
Ah, I see. My apologies - from your post I gathered you wanted to replace reversing cam feed with that of a rear dashcam.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think it's such a good idea, even if it was possible to do it: 550, unlike the 400 doesn't have built-in analogue RCA AV out port, so theoretically you would need to splice the coaxial and fit some sort of converter/decoder to feed your HU.

It would be infinitely easier, and significantly cheaper to just buy a dedicated reversing camera, rather than mess about with the rear 550 dashcam.

There are so many on eBay and elsewhere, you'd be spoiled for choice - basically there are two main types: the one that replaces your number plate light and a separate one (usually better quality due to a larger lens), the latter requires a hole to be drilled in the bumper - I did that on my little runaround Mercedes A-Class, as I'm not worried about keeping it original nor am I concerned with its resale value - almost every time I take it to main dealer I got compliments on the quality of picture, compared to OE cams, particularly on 4-5yr old cars.

Most of these reversing cameras (both types) are within £20-£30 range and are very easy to install.

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter