ВНИМАНИЕ!!!!

Автор Тема: ftp no longer working :(  (Прочитано 2970 раз)

Оффлайн brianman

• Вес голоса: 1
  • brianman не имеет никакого влияния.
ftp no longer working :(
« : 29 Октября 2013, 12:10:46 »
I had a netbook in my garage with 2 network adapters - home wifi and dashcam wifi.  With this I was able to conveniently transfer from the dashcam via ftp and to a home file server using normal copy/move actions.

It was working "ok" for a while (meaning it needed a lot of TLC to keep going).

I discovered some things:
1. the netbook was flaky; it couldn't hold a steady connection and would sometimes wedge
2. the house wifi was pretty steady initially but...
3. after a firmware upgrade on the router, the home wifi went to crap

I did some upgrades and remodeling...
1. new router (AC1900)
2. move a server to the garage
3. add new wifi card (AC1900) to the server for house wifi
4. move USB wifi card from the netbook to server for dashcam wifi

The connection to the server in the garage (#3, house wifi) is rock solid and does 20-60MB/s (yes, MBps not Mbps).

The connection to the dashcam *seems* fine (connects reliably, and seems to stay put).  The HTTP server essentially works for listing the files and you can click on the files to initiate a(n abysmally slow) download.

The problem is the ftp server.  It connects and logs in but the file listing comes up empty.

Here's what I to use to test FTP access.

ftpdir.lst

cd blackvue
cd record
dir
bye

ftpdir.bat
ftp -s:ftpdir.lst 192.168.8.1

On my server this now reports:
Connected to 192.168.8.1.
220 Operation successful
User (192.168.8.1:(none)):
230 Operation successful
ftp>
ftp> cd blackvue
250 Operation successful
ftp> cd record
250 Operation successful
ftp> dir
200 Operation successful
Connection closed by remote host.
ftp> bye

If I disconnect my netbook from the house wifi and connect to the dashcam wifi this script works fine (and I get the directory listing that I want).

Any ideas what I need to do to get this to work on the server (like it works on the netbook)?

Thanks for taking a look.

One more quick note:
I was on 1.0.5E and upgraded to 1.1.1aE tonight.  Same behavior on both versions.  :(

Added/Добавлено: 29 Октября 2013, 12:13:03
Also note that if someone has some quickie instructions on how to switch my dashcam to just join the home wifi, that would be greatly preferred.  Assuming it supports the ftp access that I used to get on my netbook.

Реклама на сайте."Баннер 728x90"

DashCamDave

• Гость
Re: ftp no longer working :(
« Ответ #1 : 29 Октября 2013, 18:07:42 »
It sounds like possible IP address conflict.
You might want to try assigning static IPs to both wifi adapters, making sure the subnet masks are correctly specified.

Also, if your server is now within reach of BlackVue wifi, do you really need an extra point, i.e. the netbook with network bridging?
You can always expand subnet on Netgear to include 192.168.8.xxx segment and reach the dashcam directly, if you don't want to assign a new IP to it?

Оффлайн brianman

• Вес голоса: 1
  • brianman не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #2 : 30 Октября 2013, 11:34:33 »
Turns out it was something simple.  Windows Firewall was blocking the FTP server from connecting up.  Once I add FTP.exe to the allow list... back in business.

Added/Добавлено: 30 Октября 2013, 11:36:50
*Сообщение от DashCamDave [+]
(1)Also, if your server is now within reach of BlackVue wifi, do you really need an extra point, i.e. the netbook with network bridging?

(2)You can always expand subnet on Netgear to include 192.168.8.xxx segment and reach the dashcam directly, if you don't want to assign a new IP to it?
(1) The plan was/is to have the server replace the netbook (i.e. be the two wifi card box to manage the transfers).  If I was willing to wire the server back to my router (across rooms and floors) -- which I'm not -- then I'd only need the one wifi card in the server.
(2) I like the idea of keeping the dashcam in AP mode so that when I'm on the road I can use the live view with a mobile device.  Can I still do something like what you describe but leave the dashcam in AP mode?

Thanks!

DashCamDave

• Гость
« Ответ #3 : 30 Октября 2013, 14:29:04 »
*Сообщение от brianman [+]
Turns out it was something simple.  Windows Firewall was blocking the FTP server from connecting up.  Once I add FTP.exe to the allow list... back in business.
Ah, Windows ... I ain't sayin' nothin'!   (oO   LOL     OS rivalry poking aside, it's great news, of course - always good to be able to find a simple solution to a puzzle...  0))

*Сообщение от brianman [+]
I like the idea of keeping the dashcam in AP mode so that when I'm on the road I can use the live view with a mobile device.  Can I still do something like what you describe but leave the dashcam in AP mode?

I'm afraid I won't be of much help here, Brian - I'm still on 400-II and have no idea as to how the wifi is implemented on 500 and 550 models, apart from their default IP address I learned from this forum ...

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter