ВНИМАНИЕ!!!!

Автор Тема: My BV doesn't record newer video over older files  (Прочитано 2554 раз)

Оффлайн Pappy

• Вес голоса: 0
  • Pappy не имеет никакого влияния.
My BV doesn't record newer video over older files
« : 17 Сентября 2013, 22:26:59 »
Still using custom firmware but my BV doesn't record newer video over older files. Am I missing a software switch or is it perhaps because I'm using 64 GB card?

Will someone please post link to unzipped Mac/iOS browsers. Doesn't Blackvue understand that zipping Mac software in a Windows setup envelope is useless to Mac users?

Реклама на сайте."Баннер 728x90"

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
  • Вес голоса: 5
  • sciagent едва значим.sciagent едва значим.
Re: My BV doesn't record newer video over older files
« Ответ #1 : 18 Сентября 2013, 02:03:21 »
Pappy, let me post here a general instruction.

It is possible to check, whether a memory card complies with requirements of its class, with a help of H2testw utility.

Still, linear writing speed is not that important as a random speed, which can be checked with CrystalDiskMark for different block sizes. Below is described how to do it.

On the right from a green button (top left) All the following fields are:
Number of Test Runs - 9 can be selected, but it will take time (it is also possible to test once when very precise result is not important);
Test Size - select one that will fit to a disk, in this case 100MB is a matter of interest;
Test Drive - logical drives are listed, select a proper one.

Click All and wait till the end of testing. During that time it is better to keep a PC untouched, and make sure that no disk-intensive operations would be run in a background.

The random writing speed shows, whether the memory card is able to handle a specified bit-rate. To calculate, divide your bit-rate value (Mbps) by 8 - you will get a value of a required writing speed (MB/s) that your memory card should ensure. Just remember that in addition to a video recording, some other data is also recorded (like GPS data, and some overhead operations)

As for formatting of the card, in case of 32GB (or smaller capacity) cards, the best is to use the SD Formatter utility.

The same utility can be used to format a card having a bigger capacity - when that capacity and a specification of cards (SDXC) are officially supported by both, the device and the card reader through which a formatting is performed.

64GB (or higher capacity) SDXC card may be used with devices that do not support such (as BlackVue DR500GW-HD WiF). It can be achieved in the following way.

First, the card has to be formatted as described above. It will be formatted to exFAT (FAT64).

Only after that it is needed to format the same card to FAT32 with Windows GUI version of fat32format utility; a claster size has to be set to 32k.

Such two-steps formatting of a 64+ GB memory card that is capable to carry out a recording at a required speed should allow a cyclic recording by your car DVR.

Оффлайн Pappy

« Ответ #2 : 18 Сентября 2013, 04:41:39 »
@sciagent > Thanks! Have been using 64 GB card for months. Records fine, the only glitch is it doesn't re-record over older files. Thought there may be a software switch to turn re-record on and off?

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
  • Вес голоса: 5
  • sciagent едва значим.sciagent едва значим.
« Ответ #3 : 19 Сентября 2013, 13:51:26 »
Pappy, when you select to reserve certain % of space for different types of recording on your card via BlackVue utility, it will maintain that reservation. Otherwise there is not any switch as far as I know. I also was not able to have a cyclic recording on my 64GB SanDisk card until the time I discovered the above-described procedure.

Оффлайн Pappy

« Ответ #4 : 22 Сентября 2013, 07:39:16 »
My 64GB now unreadable, getting it replaced. Would like to roll back to stock Blackvue 1.008 to give it a try on 16GB card. Can I do a firmware update to 1.008 on a blank formatted 16GB card or is another protocol required?

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter