ВНИМАНИЕ!!!!

Автор Тема: Custom Firmware just availiable in english?  (Прочитано 3453 раз)

Оффлайн MyFirstSLK

• Вес голоса: 1
  • MyFirstSLK не имеет никакого влияния.
Custom Firmware just availiable in english?
« : 06 Сентября 2013, 18:17:00 »
Hello together,

it is my first posting in this forum, so I have to explain, since I am a German, my english is not really perfect.
Hope to be understood anyhow.

As I read in this forum, the custom firmware brings a lot of more setting points that brings the cam more quality than the stock firmware.

With hard trial and error and spending a lot of time with it, I taught my cam to speak german language in past days.
This by exchanging the stock FW 1.008E into 1.008G.

But the availiable settings of stock FW are not enough to get the cam working perfectly in night and day.

So my question, is it possible to get your custom firmware with conserving the german language perhaps?
Would be the perfect solution to me...

Suggestion:
Like some others, I'd prefere, if the "E"-marked clips would be write-protected against overwriting by the loop-recording and would just deletable manualy by the user.
In all my further cams the record-system worked this way.
This could make it possible to preserve clips with important events even the car-owner is absent more days and find a scratch or a bump-mark after he arrives the car. Just with this write-protected clips he may having any evidences against the causer of the damage.
My cam runs 12h more after the ignition off (by a selfmade electronic) - it has to run this time, since my car is parked on a small street over night.
So the cam records longer time than the 32GB-card could record at all.
In that case, the most important clips may be overwritten in worst situation, when I find my car damaged some day.

Реклама на сайте."Баннер 728x90"

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
  • Вес голоса: 5
  • sciagent едва значим.sciagent едва значим.
Re: Custom Firmware just availiable in english?
« Ответ #1 : 06 Сентября 2013, 19:27:02 »
MyFirstSLK, welcome!

No probs, most of us have English too far from perfect.

An answer to your question depends on you clarification. Which of the options you would like to have:
1. Voices (messages, prompts, commands) are in German, but a custom firmware (configuration files and GUI) may still be in English.
2. Everything, voices, configuration files, and GUIs are in German.

I'm looking forward to hear of you choice.

About E-files, that is a default operation: E-files are normal files that can be removed by a coming record. You can decrease a sensitivity, and thus the DVR will fall to a parking mode - then recording will happen only when some movement is detected. A custom firmware has a wider range of settings for that than a stock one.

Оффлайн MyFirstSLK

« Ответ #2 : 06 Сентября 2013, 20:32:36 »
Hello,

best thanks for your response.

I would be more than satisfied, if the voice (all what the cam is speaking) would be in german language.
If the GUI (is there one availiable for the custom FW? What can this perform? Showing clips and/or change the different settings of the FW) would be in german language as well, it would be phantastic to me ;-)
The settings in the config.ini may should better stay in english language - to change this would bring to much problems, if questions about the different settings appears in this forum, as I believe.

To handle the e-files be easier in my opinion, if they would be write-protected.
For example, I park my car near a supermarket on its parking space.
While I am shopping in the market, someone bumps my car, but I dont recognice this, when I came out and drive home without knowledge of the accident.
Next days I don't have a particulary look onto my car.
One week later, I find a massive scratch when I wash my car.
In this time between the bump and taking notice about the scratch the cam has overwritten the event-file surely more times, if I drive a far route daily.
With a write-protection for e-files nothing matters to the file what recorded the bump and I get an evidence to catch the causer if I am lucky.

Btw. congratulation the work you're doing here.
A hard work to develope a new firmware.
More harder, to developing one, that is much more better than the stock FW.
I am a programer too. But coding in VB and Java only.
If I can help in your project, feel free to drop me a message.
If I have time to do a favour to you, fain I will do this.

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #3 : 07 Сентября 2013, 01:49:00 »
Thanks for your nice words MyFirstSLK!

Ok, then we have to extract German voices, and make an updating procedure. Let us some time for that.

About GUIs - check a documentation, there is an embedded web page made available by a custom firmware. I afraid we cannot translate that all to German, or maybe you could help us. Smartphone and PC applications we do not alter, those are original. There are dedicated applications providing GUI for settings, and the Registrator Viewer - those have English versions.

Please, have a look at page 33 of the DR500GW-HD Manual. In the Basic Configuration section you can see a screenshot where Recording Storage Setting is disabled (default operation). Try to enable it, and define what is a share of a free space on you memory card will be devoted to what type of files. That should keep reserved a defined space to every type of recording.

Thank you very much for an offer to help us. Let's stay in touch! OooO

Оффлайн MyFirstSLK

« Ответ #4 : 07 Сентября 2013, 15:44:08 »
Hello my friend,

wow, if you could implement a german speaking voice in the custom firmware, it'll be like christmas to me  )ooo(

If you have something to be translated from english to german, its no problem.
Just send me a list of the words/sentences and I'll do it.
I'll gona tell you my mail-adress in a PN a few minutes later.

Until today I'd just read in your forum, without downloading and inspecting the custom FW.
But if this custom FW will come with german speaking some day, I'll surely install this.
The realisation doessn't hurry - already happy, that it'll comes.

This manual where I have to read page 33 is included in the custom FW-Package?
Later I will download the FW and inspect the documentation you've talk about.
I am very much interested to find out, what ya FW can do with the DR500

Have a nice weekend  ~))

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #5 : 07 Сентября 2013, 17:05:09 »
Thank you, my friend! OooO

Yes, manual is in an archive, DR500GW-HD_Manual_E_Ver.3.01_121226_WEB.pdf. Documentation is also there, it will tell about an ability of the custom firmware too.

Have a nice weekend too!

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter