Автор Тема: 500HD, Stock Firmware, Mulltiple Anomalies: Is It DOA?  (Прочитано 2405 раз)

Оффлайн PeteCress

• Вес голоса: 1
  • PeteCress не имеет никакого влияния.
500HD, Stock Firmware, Mulltiple Anomalies: Is It DOA?
« : 18 Июля 2013, 04:29:44 »
Looks like I'm the first one to post here in English.
Tried  registering a couple times at Forum.DashCamTalk.com, but no response from them.

Posted a question via BlackVue's "Contact Us" page several days ago.  But there was no automated acknowledgement and no reply.
Just got this device a couple of days ago.
The box says "Full HD BLACKVUE Wi-Fi DR500GW-HD".
Versions per SD Card\BlackVue\Config\version.bin:

[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

Issues:
  • Files created have names beginning with "1969..." and "1970....", but it's 2013 around here.
  • CreatedAt on files is either Null or 1980 00:00
  • When I try to HTTP into 192.168.8.1:80, no web page opens.   From what I've heard, there should be a page.
  • When trying to use the Android app, it works maybe 1 out of 10 times.   The rest of the times I get "Login Failed!". 
    The App successfully connects, and checking signal strength on Android's WiFi manager, I see 100% - but "Login Failed!".
My first thought is that it is DOA, but if you take everything I know about dashcams, roll it into a ball, and set it on the edge of a razor blade, it will look like a golfball in the middle of an AutoBahn.

I've seen a few references to SD cards causing problems that I would not think they could cause.... but my problems recur using two different cards, both formatted/initialized by the cam.

Has anybody got an idea of what might be wrong?

ave123

• Гость
Re: 500HD, Stock Firmware, Mulltiple Anomalies: Is It DOA?
« Ответ #1 : 18 Июля 2013, 09:45:38 »
You can have at once some problems together. I advise to you in the beginning to try to reflash official firmware.

Further. GPS works for you in general or not?

Оффлайн PeteCress

« Ответ #2 : 19 Июля 2013, 04:23:50 »
*Сообщение от ave123 [+]
You can have at once some problems together. I advise to you in the beginning to try to reflash official firmware.
Can anybody recommend a source for the original firmware.   I have never flashed this device to begin with.

Further. GPS works for you in general or not?
I am not sure whether the GPS is not working or the firmware is misinterpreting the GPS' information.   

Just reviewed some clips from today some of the freeway cruising speed looked about right.

But most of the clips showed "049MPH" - even when the vehicle was stopped and especially in variable-speed traffic... it was always "049MPH".

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
  • Вес голоса: 5
  • sciagent едва значим.sciagent едва значим.
« Ответ #3 : 19 Июля 2013, 05:59:21 »
PeteCress, the most recent English version of the stock firmware for BlackVue DR500GW-HD WiFi can be obtained from here:
(download link is available for registered users only)
(кликните для показа/скрытия)

It seems that you have troubles with GPS.

Please, re-flash the stock firmware as ave123 has suggested, and check once more how does your DR500GW works.

In case the problems will remain, you have three choices:
1. Return your DR500GW for a repairing by a guaranty.
2. Try to install a custom firmware available at this forum. The web page you mentioned will make few options available then. There is a procedure to reset a GPS module that may help.
3. Disassemble your DR500GW, and check the GPS battery (it may require to be replaced).

Оффлайн PeteCress

« Ответ #4 : 19 Июля 2013, 18:47:34 »
*Сообщение от sciagent [+]
It seems that you have troubles with GPS.

Please, re-flash the stock firmware as ave123 has suggested, and check once more how does your DR500GW works.

In case the problems will remain, you have three choices:
1. Return your DR500GW for a repairing by a guaranty.
2. Try to install a custom firmware available at this forum. The web page you mentioned will make few options available then. There is a procedure to reset a GPS module that may help.
3. Disassemble your DR500GW, and check the GPS battery (it may require to be replaced).

I re-flashed, but it's still putting the wrong dates on files (it's up to 1970_ now)

I think I will skip steps 2-3 and invoke step 4:

4) Return the thing to Amazon.com and buy another make/model.

Thanks for the help.

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter