Автор Тема: Parking mode recorded ALL NIGHT..  (Прочитано 9045 раз)

Оффлайн Nova5

• Вес голоса: 0
  • Nova5 не имеет никакого влияния.
Parking mode recorded ALL NIGHT..
« : 15 Июля 2013, 00:35:35 »
It actively recorded. Parked in a garage so its completely black and the video noise must have convinced the system that there was movement to record.. What can I do to prevent that? had hours upon hours upon hours of P tagged recordings. Auto-Park is on.

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
  • Вес голоса: 5
  • sciagent едва значим.sciagent едва значим.
Re: Parking mode recorded ALL NIGHT..
« Ответ #1 : 15 Июля 2013, 03:42:53 »
Hi, Nova5! Did you try to reduce a sensitivity of a parking sensor?

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #2 : 15 Июля 2013, 05:17:51 »
What effect would that have? its in a private 2 car garage that is completly black/dark at night. It has no chance at seeing any actual movement. video noise has to be causing it from what the recording display showed not sure how changing it much would affect that as the entire image is shifting so the software would thing 100% ov what it is seeing is moving.

Anyway I set its sensitivity to Zero and it still kept recording just in parking mode.

Оффлайн macabre

• ǝɹqɐɔɐɯ
  • Global Moderator
  • Вес голоса: 28
  • macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!macabre is awe-inspiring!
  • Рожденный в СССР
  • Регистратор: Panorama X2
« Ответ #3 : 15 Июля 2013, 08:53:04 »
Nova5, maybe it flashing led of car security system?
the DVR can react to it?
-можно ли убить человека байтом?
-да, нужно бить восемью битами.

Оффлайн Hillbilly1

• Hillbilly1 не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #4 : 15 Июля 2013, 15:23:19 »
*Сообщение от macabre [+]
Nova5, maybe it flashing led of car security system?
the DVR can react to it?

Why have it on if it cant see anything      Change the settings to Parking mode OFF

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #5 : 15 Июля 2013, 15:54:04 »

Mac : No it can't see a flashing light (that's disabled already) What it records is.. very fine 1980s/1990s snow on a empty TV Channel. 

Hillbilly : The problem is if it records in my garage it'll record constantly parked at work or anywhere else where it can actually see even if there is no movement.

The only way to turn off / disable parking mode is to unplug the device is it not?

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #6 : 15 Июля 2013, 17:38:30 »
It may also be AutoParking=1 in config.ini if I'm not mistaken.

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #7 : 15 Июля 2013, 20:47:24 »
wouldn't that just disable to automatic parking change? Leaving it in normal mode? Will try it but I would like a functional parking mode to catch fools who whack my car if its been parked for a time.

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #8 : 15 Июля 2013, 21:17:15 »
Nova5, yes, that will keep a normal mode.

Ough, sorry, I just noticed that it was a question in a context of a night recording problem. Sure, it didn't help then.

As for unplugging, in many cars a cigarette light socket loses power when car is switched off. However in some it doesn't. Then devices like PowerMagic have to be used to ensure that a car DVR will not discharge a car battery entirely. In those last to cases, the only way is to disconnect a power supply cable. It is better to remove an adapter from a cigarette light socket, than to remove a power plug from the DR500GW. Its power socket doesn't look robust.

BTW we have given attention to a video sensor, but what about a G-sensor? I suppose that floor is steady, and there is no effect to a car, but still that is another trigger that may affect to a continuous recording. Do you have any event files during the night recording?

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #9 : 16 Июля 2013, 00:35:45 »
Nope just hours upon hours of P tagged files. my power sockets run 100% of the time.

Private garage, so unless there's an earthquake the G sensor won't be tripped. And since its inside the USA the CIA won't use its earthquake weapon in the local area.

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #10 : 16 Июля 2013, 01:22:30 »
 ))) Yes, agree.

It is really weird... I heard that some people said that leaves and grass moved/shaken by wind, and even a fly are able to trigger recording in a parking mode. But in a darkness... I don't have any idea...

Let me see, I'll inform you if anything about the matter will fall to my eyes.

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #11 : 16 Июля 2013, 03:57:39 »
What was recorded (deleted it) looked like good old TV snow but much finer/higher res. http://trg.fireball20xl.com/random/tv-snow.gif

As far as software is concerned that is a insane amount of movement being "seen" by the camera.

Being totally and completely black  the auto exposure probably ramped to maximum and caused that "snow" effect.

Оффлайн sciagent

• Administrator
« Ответ #12 : 16 Июля 2013, 12:23:45 »
Yes, something like that happened. A questions is Why?

Did you try to change to Video=1 mode in config-custom.ini? And it would be nice to test Video=0 - stock settings. Please, try those two modes just for a night each, let's see what will happen.

Оффлайн Nova5

« Ответ #13 : 16 Июля 2013, 15:59:30 »
It'll be a week before I can get around to it. Things are in the way of worrying about it. But I'll give it a try.

Оффлайн brianman

• Вес голоса: 1
  • brianman не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #14 : 10 Ноября 2013, 02:31:42 »
I'm getting the recording all night problem as well.  I don't know if it's due to the new firmware (I was previously on 1.0.5E or something like that) but the timing seems curiously aligned with when I upgraded.

Also of note was that I was previously recording at 12 Mbps and new firmware config has 15 Mbps as the setting.  Perhaps that quality bump also triggered noise-keep-awake.

I dropped the motion sensitive setting from the default of 40 to 10 just now.  I'll try that out for a couple days.

Added/Добавлено: 10 Ноября 2013, 02:38:16
Arg.  I'm just starting to look at the footage and it seems we've got purple snow and nothing else. :(

Overheating I presume...

Added/Добавлено: 11 Ноября 2013, 00:57:05
This is starting to seem like a firmware bug or something with the higher bit rate.  I put a towel over the windshield to block it receiving any interesting video and it's still spamming _P files like nobody's business.

Оффлайн brianman

« Ответ #15 : 11 Ноября 2013, 12:42:48 »
I dropped the bit rate back down to 12Mbps (which is what I had with the .5E firmware).  With the 1.1.1 firmware, I'm still getting purple snow.  I've never had this before 1.1.1.  Any ideas how to fix?

Note that this doesn't happen for _N files at all.  Just the _P files with a dark garage.  I suspect the same root cause is why parking mode never stops recording files with 1.1.1 for me.

Thanks.

Оффлайн brianman

« Ответ #16 : 17 Ноября 2013, 00:48:27 »
@Nova5

Update:
Switching the "Video=2" to "Video=1" fixed this problem for me.

Hope this helps.

Оффлайн RatMonkey

• RatMonkey не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #17 : 08 Января 2014, 15:30:41 »
Hello,

I know this might be a bit late to ump on the band wagon, but you need to set the motion detection to very low to get proper night recording.  I have mine set on 5 and it seems OK, it only records if a car / person goes past the screen, however, if you are parked next to a bush or tree that sways in the wind overnight, that will most likely be enough movement to set off the motion detection.

Do not set the motion detection to 0 as that basically makes the system record non-stop.  Have a play with the motion detection setting and I'm sure you'll find the appropriate level (probably 5 or less :) )

RatMonkey

Оффлайн jie

• jie не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #18 : 09 Января 2014, 14:12:46 »
Thanks for the info, RatMonkey.

I was about to set the motion detection sensitivity to 0 to reduce recordings when parked overnight. I thought a zero setting would stop the motion recording.. )O(

Оффлайн RatMonkey

• RatMonkey не имеет никакого влияния.
« Ответ #19 : 09 Января 2014, 17:31:00 »
Unfortunately, Pittasoft have decided that 0 is equal to infinity lol

Яндекс.Метрика
Flag Counter